IS SOUS VIDE COOKING THE ULTIMATE COOKING OPTION IN WINTER?
With the temperature dropping and people searching for heartier meals, Winter might be the perfect opportunity for you to get some more experience with sous vide cooking.
What is Sous Vide Cooking?
- Sous vide is French for ‘under vacuum’.
- Sous vide is a cooking technique in which food is vacuum sealed and slow-cooked in water.
- Sous vide allows you to cook food at a precise temperature to achieve a consistent result that maximizes the taste, texture, and aroma of food.
- Vacuum sealing bags are perfectly safe and are the most recommended method for cooking sous vide.
Why try Sous Vide Cooking?
- Prime and secondary cuts of meat can be used, allowing for less food waste
- Many food items can be cooked overnight, saving you kitchen time
- Low energy consumption as opposed to oven/gas range, creating a greener cooking alternative
- Shelf life is extended
- Reduce portions/meat bills by up to 20%
- Extend the life of soups far beyond their usual shelf life
- Preserves flavour and aroma as water-soluble substances especially aromatics are not lost
- Flavours are enhanced; colours retained and less salt is required
- Nutrients are preserved, as water-soluble minerals are not leached into cooking water as poaching in a vacuum bag eliminates this
- Research has shown that sous vide gives the highest retention of vitamins vs. steaming and boiling
- Little additional fat required during cooking
- Consistent results every time a dish is cooked
As for sous vide cookers, we need to pay attention to the functions, espeically the ability of precisely temperature controlling, cooking alarm, product design and preset menus.
Here we would like to recommend our INKBIRD sous vide cookers such as INKBIRD ISV-100W, INKBIRD ISV-200W and INKBIRD ISV-500W.
This article maybe:
(a) writen by INKBIRD team and the copyright and intellectual property belongs to INKBIRD, article share is forbidden without permission;
(b) shared by INKBIRD team and the copyright and intellectual property belongs to the original writer. If you find we infringe your copyright and intellectual property, please contact email@example.com and we will delete it from our platform immediately once we confirm the infringement.
(c) writen by others and authorized INKBIRD by the original writer to share, the copyright and intellectual property belongs to the original writer.
If you have any question, disputes and/or suggestion, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you ASAP once we receive your e-mail. Thank you!